none
Sharepoint 2007 workflow help RRS feed

• Question

•  

Let me start this by telling you an idea of the process i am attempting to streamline.

PROCESS:

Someone wants some software, so they fill out Form X and send it to me

I review the form making sure it is correct and that we have no softwares (that i know of) like it

I send it off to the resident expert in that type of software (using an email template where i paste in names and link to everything)

They review it and check over the softwares they know of and have, then approve Form X to be sent to the reviewers

i then send out an email, through a DL in outlook, with voting buttons, and the people vote on it and i get their responses back (again template emails that i copy and paste names and links into)

Once it is approved i send out an email to everyone and the requester that the software has been approved

So the issue i have been having is in the emailing review/voting process. Many times mistakes have been made in filling in the templates, messing up, forgetting pieces. So a Sharepoint workflow sounds great, right?

that what i thought, the issue i have is we use DLs with 32 people’s names in them and Sharepoint does not like DLs, it sends the Tasks to vote out 1 at a time after the previous one is done. I need to be able to send out the tasks parallel. Worse yet, no products need all 32 votes, sometimes these 6 or these 12 are required and the rest are just to be informative. So there are 4 groups of emails to send to for approvals; Group A (10 people), Group B (5 people), Group C (3 people), All and then some more that just get it as information.

So i need to either be able to use DLs inside of Sharepoint to send out parallel tasks or find something similar where i can do that.

Friday, September 12, 2014 8:50 PM

All replies

• It could be done with a Custom Workflows built with Visual Studio or Nintex Workflows.

Monday, October 6, 2014 1:36 PM
  • Yes this can be easily achievable by writing custom sequential workflow with parallel activities and deploying that in share point.

Regards

Soni K

Monday, October 6, 2014 1:50 PM