PLS-00201: identifier 'Schema.package' must be declared RRS feed

• Question

• User-1022063999 posted

Intermittant problem.  We get this error intermittantly.  The logged in user has permission to execute this package.  Sometimes we get this error, other times it fires successfully.  We have tested, and we find that we can use the same arguments both successfully and not. 

The permissions are done through roles, and mostly we are not having any problems with other parts of the application where procs are being called through a package to which the user had been granted execute via a role.  I've seen stuff about granting explicit permission instead of roles, but with a hundred or so users and a dozen or so roles, dealilng with explicit permissions would be a major headace.  Besides, it mostly works just fine.

Any idea what could be causing this behavior?  It's causing us to lose hair and sleep.

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PLS-00201: identifier 'MODONOR2.LETTERS' must be declared

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored 

Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:00 PM

All replies

• User364663285 posted

Your package should be compiled and be granted properly. Make sure your PROC can use it properly in Sql plus first.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:25 PM
  • User-1022063999 posted

The package is compiled and grants have been done, and not only is it working properly in sql developer or sql plus, but as I said, it also works correctly through the applications sometimes.  That's the problem, that it works sometimes and sometimes the above error is kicked out.

The DBA is looking into applying the patches for 10g, since it turns out we are running the initial release of 10g and don't have any of the 1GB worth of updates to it.  That might fix things, but I'm hoping someone here has run into this intermittant problem and can tell me for sure.

Friday, July 31, 2009 11:09 AM