Installation and Setup RRS feed

• Question

• User1373485767 posted

Dear Experts,

Greeting for the day!

I need one solution if anyone can help that will be very great.

I have one very small application with access database and i want user to download it from my website and just clicking next next user

will be able install and run the application. user is not it person and dont know the IIS , webconfig nothing.

i want create setup which will take care of this thing.

Please please reply or email me

Regards

Prasad Kabbur

kabbur.prasad@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 10:50 AM

All replies

• User-1509636757 posted

In earlier versions (prior to Visual Studio 2012) there was a project type called "Setup and Deployment" which was used to create setup for your applications. Similarly, there was also project type called "Web Setup" in Visual Studio 2010 to create setup project for your website. Step by Step Guide to Create a Setup for a Web Application

But, as far as I know these two types are no more in latest versions of Visual Studio 2013/15/17. Alternatively you may use InstallShield Limited Edition to create a Web Setup for your web application here is a step by step article on Creating Setup for Web Application using Install Shield LE – Cipher Dynamics

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:02 PM
  • User1771544211 posted

Hi Prasad Kabbur,

In addition to kaushalparik27's suggestions, you can use the Publish Wizard to publish a ClickOnce Application in VS 2015 and VS 2017.

The following link shows how to use do this, you can take this as reference.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/31kztyey.aspx

Best Regards,

Jean

Thursday, July 27, 2017 3:04 AM
  • User1373485767 posted

Thank You very much for reply. will do and get back to you

Friday, July 28, 2017 11:59 AM
  • User1373485767 posted

Hell jean,

Thank you for your feedback! Let me explain you my scenario. I have one small asp.net application with access or Sql db.

I want to keep this application on website by making zip folder. user will able to download the application from my website.

user is not techno savvy he is layman he dont know IIS ,FTP ,database nothing.  he will going to click just next ,next,next like Microsoft office

For that I need very good setup creation which help him use application

Regards

Prasad Kabbur

kabbur,prasad@gmail.com 

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12:47 PM
  • User1771544211 posted

Hi kabbur.prasad,

kabbur.prasad

user is not techno savvy he is layman he dont know IIS ,FTP ,database nothing.  he will going to click just next ,next,next like Microsoft

I'm afraid that there isn't such a way to auto install the IIS, FTP , database with just click next, next.

Both IIS and Database needs to install them manually. If you are using local database, you don't need to install database. But local database has performance limits.

Best Regards,

Jean

Thursday, August 3, 2017 5:39 AM
  • User-1509636757 posted

I want to keep this application on website by making zip folder. user will able to download the application from my website.

I suggest to provide a perfect installation guide in this case. However; up to some extent, you may try to use Batch file and Powershell scripts to perform some tasks for example, New-WebVirtualDirectory with Powershell script

Thursday, August 3, 2017 6:30 AM