Unable to resolve Native Bindings MAC RRS feed

• Question

• User255798 posted

Hi Chris, We have a .a file that we recived from Third party but they only have the native libraries written in objective C. I need to use them in Xamarin.MAC project. My Bindings project does not throw any errors but my Xamarin.MAC project does Undefined symbols for architecture x8664: "AudioObjectGetPropertyData", referenced from: -[CocoaAudioUnitSource startInternalWithBuffer:] in Cocoa.a

I don't understand this I looked up to each .a file and see architecture is x86_64. Can you please give me some links with info on how to tackle this?

Thanks!

Monday, January 15, 2018 9:07 PM

Answers

• User35201 posted

As noted here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coreaudio/1422524-audioobjectgetpropertydata?language=objc

and confirmed here

$ nm /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/CoreAudio | grep AudioObjectGetPropertyData
    000000000000fd8f T _AudioObjectGetPropertyData

That symbol is from CoreAudio framework. Likely adding a --link_flags="-framework CoreAudio" could fix it, as you need a hard reference to the framework in question.

Without a sample showing the issue however, I can't easily verify that.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 5:28 PM

All replies

• User35201 posted

As noted here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coreaudio/1422524-audioobjectgetpropertydata?language=objc

and confirmed here

$ nm /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/CoreAudio | grep AudioObjectGetPropertyData
    000000000000fd8f T _AudioObjectGetPropertyData

That symbol is from CoreAudio framework. Likely adding a --link_flags="-framework CoreAudio" could fix it, as you need a hard reference to the framework in question.

Without a sample showing the issue however, I can't easily verify that.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 5:28 PM
  • User255798 posted

That was it Chris, thank you so much! For anyone who has same issue please try cleaning and rebuilding project multiple times. It worked 2nd time for me.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:09 PM