Is it possible to convert an InfoPath 2010 Filler form to an InfoPath 2010 Web Browser form? RRS feed

• Question

• I have built an InfoPath Filler form that I deployed to a SharePoint 2010 Form Library.  While deploying, I checked that the form could be opened up using a web browser.  I receive a warning that the form template has been published to the server but if can only be opened in InfoPath Filler

This is a problem, because it was decided that the form would be required to be opened using the browser.  I made changes to the form so that it abided by the rules which allow it to be opened using a broswer (There were no design checker warnings or errors).

This is the second form that had this problem.  To fix it the first time, I simply created a new form that was not a filler form.  Now that it has happened again, I wonder if there is a way to convert the filler form to a web browser form to save development time.

Can this be done?  Any other suggestions?

Many thanks.

Friday, October 8, 2010 5:17 PM

Answers

• You have to actually make it a browser form by changing the compatibility setting inside the form template.  Go to File (backstage) > Info > Advanced Form Options > Compatibility, and change the Form Type to "Web Browser Form."  Then, while publishing, be sure to check the box on the screen where you choose the publish type so that it can be used as a browser form.  Lastly, on the last screen of the full publish wizard, see if there is a message with a yellow yield sign saying there is a problem with opening it in the browser.

TO answer your overall question, yes, it of course can be done.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by JakeJacobsen Friday, October 8, 2010 5:33 PM
    Friday, October 8, 2010 5:22 PM