none
USB Topology Compatibility Test : Runjob - Completed all topologies but test wont close and complete RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys I’m running in to a problem while running USB Topology Compatibility Test on Win-8. I start the test with the DUT connected to one of the USB3 ports (xHCI). I follow the instructions and connect all the other required topologies and they all show as completed on each port. The test should close automatically according to the instructions but it doesn’t. It just sits there on the desktop. Any help is appreciated.  Thanks, SKA

Monday, June 3, 2013 10:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Some times happens like what you pointed and its look like struck threads in the test process.But HCK automatically cancels test runs if the tests are still running after three times their expected run time. HCK Studio displays the estimated test run time for each test. And anyway try re-run with new installed drivers of the DUT.

Yesubabu Gude

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:03 AM
  • Hi,

Some times happens like what you pointed and its look like struck threads in the test process.But HCK automatically cancels test runs if the tests are still running after three times their expected run time. HCK Studio displays the estimated test run time for each test. And anyway try re-run with new installed drivers of the DUT.
    Yesubabu Gude

Thanks but even after i reinstall the driver for the DUT this test still wont close.

Maybe there is something else going on here that wont let it complete properly.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 2:26 PM
  • Hi,

Did you pointed this was the manual test, so while running this test accepting some input values. Once refer the following url below(I don't know what exactly the required inputs):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh998271.aspx

That's why still waiting for something user interventions... I hope if you provide required inputs it will complete the test progress.

Yesubabu Gude

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 5:05 AM
  • When you've finished all topologies plug your device again in the same port it was plugged before running the test.

If it still doesn't finish, please make sure you've installed filters for your WHCK version and manually exit the USBView window.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 11:04 AM
  • HI,

I always had the same behavior. Just close the USBVIEW app when you're done testing

Yoann.

Friday, June 7, 2013 12:41 PM
  • But HCK automatically cancels test runs if the tests are still running after three times their expected run time.

Yesubabu Gude

Each test has its own task timeout limits.  These are not always going to be 3x the expected run time though.  Some specific tests will always have this timeout, but not all tests.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 7, 2013 9:26 PM
  • Hi, 

On the test machine, you should see a dialog called Test Instructions in addition to the empty command window. You may need to press ALT-TAB or minimize the command window.

The test instructions outline 6 different topologies to test.  The tester should manually move the device to all of the topologies shown in that list in any order; once all topologies are complete, the test will automatically complete.

Yesubabu Gude

Saturday, June 8, 2013 2:22 AM
  • When I passed the test, I didn't have any "Test Instructions" windows. I had to close the USBView window manually.
    Monday, June 10, 2013 7:34 AM