none
Ways to access key vault from SSIS RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Sonal0994,

I do not think it makes sense from the security point of view.

Please tell what you are trying to accomplish with this.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Friday, March 23, 2018 11:33 PM
  • Hi Sonal,

Assume you are talking about Azure Key Vault, a possible way that you can try to access the key vault programmatically.

See: Azure Key Vault Developer's Guide

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 26, 2018 2:13 AM
  • I have been trying the connection string in ODBC driver of ado.net connection in SSIS. This worked from my Visual Studio and local SSIS package run, unfortunately not able to work it on SSIS servers owned by DBAs. 

I am sensing a driver issue because the box is able to connect to the vault. 

DRIVER=ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server;SERVER=myServer;Trusted_Connection=Yes;DATABASE=myDB;ColumnEncryption=Enabled;KeyStoreAuthentication=KeyVaultClientSecret;KeyStorePrincipalId=<clientId>;KeyStoreSecret=<secret>

The PrincipleID and Secret values are of your Azure AD App that has access to the key vault. I don't think Managed Identity is supported yet. 
    Friday, May 17, 2019 9:15 PM