How to customize CameraCaptureUI for taking photo

Question

• I had tried a few brands of tablets for camera Light or LED light. It seems some works and some don't. The one I wanted to use could not turn on camera light.

Now I need to implement the Camera Light feature on CameraCaptureUI. I need to add a button on it so user can click it to turn on the light.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The CameraCaptureUI cannot be modified by software vendors. You must be the OEM or hardware vendor to modify the functionality of the CameraCaptureUI.

You can use the VideoDeviceController.TorchControl to turn on the camera's LED.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

• Marked as answer by FireDance Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:59 AM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The CameraCaptureUI cannot be modified by software vendors. You must be the OEM or hardware vendor to modify the functionality of the CameraCaptureUI.

You can use the VideoDeviceController.TorchControl to turn on the camera's LED.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

• Marked as answer by FireDance Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:59 AM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:17 AM
  • Hi James,

Thank you for your confirmation with regard to the requirement on modification of functionality on CameracaptureUI.

It is funny some tablets have camera light But I cannot turn the light on using your code. Can you tell me what I need to do with the OEM ?

Why the same code can be used to turn on the camera light of other brands? I am using your code in MediaCapture api to do this task.  I will ask another question in new thread.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:59 AM