none
How to check Ribbon of MS word is disable or not through VB.Net code RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

If any dialog box is open in MS word,then ribbon of MS word became disable,if not then it is in enable state . I want to check Ribbon state i.e it is in enable state or in disable state  through VB.Net code.

Please provide me any link any code it will be very great favour for me.

Please help me , I am at very tight dead line of project.

Thanks and Regards

Rangile Lal

Friday, April 8, 2011 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Rangile

I recommend you look into using the Windows API to determine whether an Office application is able to accept calls. Do a search in this forum on the following set of terms:

"Geoff Darst" busy

You'll turn up quite a few discussions where Geoff Darst describes how things work in Office and how the Windows API can be leveraged to return this information.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Rangile Lal

Which version of Word are we discussing?

Could you explain:

1. Which kind of dialog box do you mean? Primarily, I'm asking whether Word-internal or something else and whether you mean modal or non-modal. Because when I check with a Word-internal, non-modal dialog box the Ribbon IS available...

2. why do you need to be able to determine this - what's the business logic behind the request?

Without this kind of information it's not possible for us to effectively look for possibilities...

Saturday, April 9, 2011 10:08 AM
  • Thank you.

We are looking to determine if the ribbon is disabled or not in order to datermine if MS word is busy or not. It really at the end does not matter how MS word is busy, because it is multithreaded today, we just noticed that MS word is really busy, the ribbon is disabled. We want to be able to check if the ribbon is in a disabled state.

and of course this is for word 2010 32 bit.

Monday, April 11, 2011 8:48 AM
  • Hi Rangile

I recommend you look into using the Windows API to determine whether an Office application is able to accept calls. Do a search in this forum on the following set of terms:

"Geoff Darst" busy

You'll turn up quite a few discussions where Geoff Darst describes how things work in Office and how the Windows API can be leveraged to return this information.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:21 AM