there are error message "No such interface supported" when play Audio/Media from USB thumb disk with Metro APP like Xbox. RRS feed

• Question

•  There are error message "No such interface supported" when play Audio/Media from USB thumb disk with Metro APP like Xbox in windows. how can I solve this problem?   if I use destop player like windows media player, no such error. would you please give some solution for this error? thanks!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:14 AM

All replies

• Would you mind sharing more details regarding this issue? For example: OS version, application you are trying to use, video format.
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:34 AM
  • OS is window10, Metro APP is Xbox or MultiMedia 8; any video format will occur error only by following steps:  

a. Put Audio / Media / Photo files into USB thumb disk or Micro SD card.

b. Connect USB thumb disk / Micro SD Card  to Platform.

c. Open 'File Explorer', click USB thumb disk.

d. Open audio file with metro app: Music. / Open Media file with metro app: Video./Open Photo file with metro app.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:59 AM
  • I have similar issue with pdf files and reader app

1) when logged in with local account every thing works fine

2) logged in with outlook.com account I get an error no such interface supported

when I try to open a pdf file from sd card

3) when I copy the file to lets say downloads folder or c:\ then opening the file all works well

One more note this is a fresh install

Previously I had an upgrade install from windows 8.1 to 10 same scenario was working fine from the sd card

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:57 PM
  • I was able to reproduce it and it looks like a regression. I've opened a bug for it and will reply in case of updates/ways to fix it.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:46 PM