none
Re-Enable Updates after i have Dismissed them in VS2015 Community

Question

• Hi Everyone,

I recently installed VS2015 Community and i wanted to check it out before i installed any of the Updates that where listed in the "Notifications".  Well,  long story short,  i chose to Dismiss the updates that where listed.  I know one of them was VS2015 Update2.  I now would like to do the update but, can not find a way to re enable the updates that i Dismissed.

Is there a way to re-enable them OR do i need to download the Update from This Link to install it now?  I would also like to know if it is basically just a small update that will only update the necessary files,  or is it basically a whole re-install of VS2015?

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Monday, April 25, 2016 5:25 PM

Answers

• Hi lronRazerz,

Thanks for your post.

>>Is there a way to re-enable them

When you dismiss the update, the list will not show them. But you can find it in the Extenstion and Update.(Tools->Extensions and Update) Then you can find the VS2015 Update2, click Update button.

>>i need to download the Update from This Link to install it now? 

You can also download the Update2 in this link and it will only update the neccessary files. The behavior is same to click Update in Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:01 AM

All replies

• Hi lronRazerz,

Thanks for your post.

>>Is there a way to re-enable them

When you dismiss the update, the list will not show them. But you can find it in the Extenstion and Update.(Tools->Extensions and Update) Then you can find the VS2015 Update2, click Update button.

>>i need to download the Update from This Link to install it now? 

You can also download the Update2 in this link and it will only update the neccessary files. The behavior is same to click Update in Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:01 AM
  •  Thank you lake Xiao,

There is so many new things in VS2015 that i did not even see the (Extensions and Updates) in the Tools menu.  Now i almost feel dumb for not seeing it.  Have a great day.    8)

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:18 PM