none
Third party IM presence information in Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys!

I've been working in an IM application that integrates with Outlook 2010 and want to provides presence information about the contacts.

I already able to make Outlook talk with my application througth the "UCOfficeIntegration" interface and than provides some information about my application.

The problem starts in the "_IContactEvents" interface implementation, especificaly in the "GetContactInformation" method from interface:

The Outlook calls "GetContactInformation" several times during your update process, one of these requests wants to get presence information about a contact. 

During this process is passed as a parameter "ContactInformationType.ucPresenceAvailability" wich means that Outlook want to know about the contact presence from my IM application.

For now I'm testing with the fixed value "ContactAvailability.ucAvailabilityFree" from this enum:

case ContactInformationType.ucPresenceAvailability:
    {    
       result = ContactAvailability.ucAvailabilityFree;    
       break;
    } 

return result;

The problem is: The Outlook doesn't able to recognize this status and always shows up "presence unknow".

I already tried passing this values as string, but it still not working.

Any ideas ?
    Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Tiago Barroso,

I can see that your issue is related with IM Development.

on this forum we only handle Outlook development related issues and we are not familiar with IM Development.

I find one link that may help you and give some information on this topic.

Integrating IM applications with Office

If you have any questions or comments about this technical article or the processes that it describes, you can contact Microsoft directly by sending an email to docthis@microsoft.com.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 4, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Why dose my outlook never try to get ucPresenceAvailability, it only tries to get ucPresenceLegacyInstantMessageAddresses. Do you have an idea about it?Thanks.
    Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:57 AM
  • Hi Alisa.

Have you enabled the Outlook to show presence information? 

Take a look https://superuser.com/a/770336
    Friday, September 14, 2018 4:03 PM
  • Sure, I enabled "show presence information".

Thanks.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:28 AM
  • Why are you always recommending this email link?
    I've tried tens of times, but no one responses .......

to be next!

Thursday, March 7, 2019 5:15 AM