Creating Word Bookmarks, Footnotes and Endnotes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

1. Can we develop Word Bookmarks,Word Footnotes and Word endnotes for Office 2016 programmatically using the Javascript API only?
    The Environment used is Office 2016, JavaScript api using Visual Studio 2015 as Office Apps. I could not find any separate forum for Office 2016 so I have posted in Office 2013 forum which seems like the closest to it.

2. I did find support for creating the same using AJAX calls and C# but we wanted to know if it would be possible with just using Javascript API and if we are using AJAX,C# dlls can it be deployed in a web portal atmosphere like Azure or Sharepoint?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Joshua

Saturday, November 21, 2015 1:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Joshua,

This is the correct forum for discussing developing issues for apps for Office(Office add-ins).

>>1. Can we develop Word Bookmarks, Word Footnotes and Word endnotes for Office 2016 programmatically using the Javascript API only<<

As far as I know, there is no such API, we can insert the bookmarks, Word footnotes and endnotes in Office.js. However, we can use setSelectedDataAsync methoed to insert the Bookmarks, Footnotes and Endnotes with OOXML.

Here are some helpful links for your reference:
    Create better add-ins for Word with Office Open XML

Document.setSelectedDataAsync method (JavaScript API for Office)

>>2. I did find support for creating the same using AJAX calls and C# but we wanted to know if it would be possible with just using Javascript API and if we are using AJAX,C# dlls can it be deployed in a web portal atmosphere like Azure or Sharepoint?<<

The web application in Office add-ins is normal as a web application we developed before. So we can use AJAX and C# dlls as a normal web application. However there are still some difference between it and the normal web application, you can get more detail about it from link below:

Privacy and security for Office Add-ins

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 23, 2015 7:39 AM