save all the input entered in a web form and request the same page with same input later RRS feed

• Question

• User916960176 posted

Hi,

I am adding email scheduling feature to my website where the user is allowed to get the current page as mail at the scheduled time. The current page is  a report which is generated by taking input from the user. Now I need to save all the input the user has entered into the page to a db and request the same webpage with the saved input at the scheduled time. I have posted this query several times and have not recieved reply from anyone. If u know a solution to this or even the slightest hint please do reply.

Thanks,

Manjunath M. R. 

Thursday, August 14, 2008 2:21 AM

All replies

• User-1776072412 posted

After you have generated the report, save the generated HTML to a table in your database. That way, on the second and subsequent times someone ask for the report, you can simply retrieve it from this cache, rather than rebuilding it from scratch.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:53 AM
  • User916960176 posted

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The report is not a static one . It depends on the input entered as well as time. i.e. at different times for the same input values the report generated is different. An eg. of the report may be the number of bugs resolved in a particular project where the name of the project is provided as the input. So, the problem is to store the name of the project(the number of inputs may vary depending on the type of report) along with the current url and then at a later point of time request for the same url with that input to generate the report and send the report thru mail. If u know the solution or any helpful links please do reply.

Thanks,

Manjunath M. R. 

Thursday, August 14, 2008 5:13 AM
  • User-1136466523 posted

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

From your description, you just mentioned the html renders differently according to the different inputs from users, right?

<o:p> </o:p>

Actually, you need to separate the whole page processing procedure into two parts. First the page receives the parameters and prepares to generate the html code. And in the second phase, it just send the html code to the client browser, I just agree with MelvynHarbour, you just need to save all the html codes into your database. Since it just like the mirror of the page when it loaded. Actually, in your example, there should be two parameters, they are project name and time. But if you store the html result when you request it at a specific time, you can get the same result even you request for those html contents which stored in the database at any other time.

<o:p> </o:p>

Thanks.

Monday, August 18, 2008 10:46 PM
  • User916960176 posted

Hi Michael,

I'll Explain the problem once again. The whole need here is to get the html content of a webpage as though you are loading the page now in the same state when you scheduled the email. i.e. I should be able to store all the input entered as well as the event triggered to get the report at the time the user scheduled the mail and then in the scheduler code I should be able to get the webpage(html content) with all the inputs entered and also the event triggered. I don't know if i've presented it properly here. I need the soln desperately . If have doubts please do respond.

Thanks,

Manjunath M. R. 

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:19 AM