none
Canonical aggregate functions in ProviderManifest.xml RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi *,

in "Beta 3 era" I talked with Jarek Kowalski and he told me, that canonical aggregate functions should be also defined in ProviderManifest.xml (not only store specific). Is this still true in SP1 Beta (or in Final)? When I have no canonical aggregate there, it's still working without problems. The EFOracleSampleProvider has no canonical aggregates in ProviderManifest.xml to. So it's probably fine now. Smile

Sunday, August 3, 2008 3:48 PM

Answers

• Strange, I don't recall saying that. Canonical functions were never specified in the provider manifest.xml for the provider and this is not going to change.

Canonical functions are specified only in EdmProviderManifest (in System.Data.Entity.dll) and are accessible through provider APIs over EntityClient.

Monday, August 4, 2008 2:54 AM

All replies

• Strange, I don't recall saying that. Canonical functions were never specified in the provider manifest.xml for the provider and this is not going to change.

Canonical functions are specified only in EdmProviderManifest (in System.Data.Entity.dll) and are accessible through provider APIs over EntityClient.

Monday, August 4, 2008 2:54 AM
  • Hi Jarek,

never mind (it was private email). Thanks for reply to this topic, it's now clear for me.

Monday, August 4, 2008 6:08 PM