CreateObjectFromURL and MJPEG IP camera authentication failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Just trying to connect to IP cam (MJPEG) from Media Foundation and have strange behavior, 

CreateObjectFromURL execute AUTH object derived from IMFNetCredentialManager and in WireShark 

I can see that it sends initial req and if fails (which is OK) - receive 401, and then pass Base pass/username that I provided. It is accepted!

Then it started to receive data from camera, but after some number of kilobytes HTTP req was send again and 

response was 401 so session was terminated and I received E_ACCESSDENIED error. I have 

no idea why third req was send, since IP cam stream started. But OK, if it decided to recreate session why credentials were not used again? 

Thanks

Aleksey

Monday, September 19, 2011 5:52 AM

All replies

• There are two network bytestreams in MF.  The first one uses WinHTTP and is the preferred bytestream for doing http progressive download.  It supports all sorts of features like authentication and certificates.  The second one uses urlmon, and is only intended as a last resort handler for anything that the main bytestream cannot handle.  It does not support the MF credential manager, relying on urlmon to supply credentials if necessary.

What sort of container is being used for the MJPEG data?  It is likely that there is just no handler for this type of stream in MF, and so source resolution rolls over to the last resort bytestream and then ultimately fails.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 1:11 AM