Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID: RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had create a custom project system with the help of https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/cc512961.aspx. And which is working fine that I can create a project with extension of .myproj in the VS Experimental Instance window. But when I go for the properties in the created project, (Solution Explorer: Right click on the project folder and select properties) it will show an exception that "Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID:{00000-00-00-000000}" How can I provide Properties window for this project system or can I modify the Properties window for any other default VS project system? Please help me.

Monday, February 16, 2015 5:41 AM

Answers

• Hi mathikp,

I don't think you did something wrong while creating the project, but instead it could be the issue of environment, I would suggest you to validate following things:

1, Try to create another blank app to see if the exception still thrown.

2, Run with an administrator privilege to check if you can get the project work..

I would not consider its as a coding issue but try to fix Visual Studio probably helps.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Caillen Thursday, February 26, 2015 9:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:28 AM