none
Kinect Studio , .xef files and move them to another computer without Kinect RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys.

I have recorded a .xef with Kinect Studio.

I have copied that file to another computer which has never runned a Kinect hardware but it has Kinect SDK.

I'm trying to play it in order to get motion as if I get the Kinect plug-in (remember, is other computer)

But I can't get this state

Connected, file open: Can play back the file into the Kinect-enabled application.

If I press connect to service, I can't not press play as you can see

http://i.imgur.com/fY7i3Lh.png

Only:

Disconnected, file open: Play the file in Kinect Studio.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Edited by SirManu Friday, October 10, 2014 8:32 PM
    Friday, October 10, 2014 8:30 PM

All replies

• Can the system handle the hardware if it was connected? USB3 - Intel or Renesas AND DX11 based GPU? Is KStudioService.exe listed in the list of active applications running in Task Manager - View details tab.

If not try restarting the KinectMonitor service, or launching this manually.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, October 13, 2014 4:26 PM
  • Thanks for reply Carmine.

Actually, I am waiting for a "PCI express card USB 3.0" so this computer does not have that  requirement.

Do you think that this can be the reason ? Strange, isn't it? Because I don't need the USB at all since I'm only reading the file.

Anyway is there any way to "hack it"?

Thanks!

• Edited by SirManu Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:20 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:19 AM
  • I would say the main issue is KStudioService is not running.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 4:52 PM
  • ??
    I think there is not KStudioService, at least, in my machine where Kinect Studio works properly (the one with Kinect plugged)

In both computers I have:

Service Running: Kinect Monitor

Process: KinectService.exe, KStudioHostService.exe and KinectMonitor.exe

did you try to simulate the problem?

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:41 PM
  • Please, see the image below

( i can't post images yet until you verify my account)

http://i.imgur.com/7VDUcAn.png

Left side, computer with the problem.

Right side, everything is ok via remote conection

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:45 PM
  • I am not able to reproduce the issue. Have you tried to physically connect a device to the machine to see if it is capable of running the device in the first place(DX11/USB3)?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:47 PM
  • As I said in previous post:

"Actually, I am waiting for a "PCI express card USB 3.0" so this computer does not have that  requirement."

So, if I'm understanding you, I am not able to do it because I don't have the hardware.

What I don't get to understand, is why Kinect Studio should be programmed in that way requiring USB 3.0 when nothing is going to be plugged :S (in play mode)

• Edited by SirManu Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:08 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:07 PM
  • Think of KStudio as a virtual sensor. It pipes data back into the pipeline as a regular sensor would, so the reservations have to be made either way.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:39 PM