Questions about using the RDP ActiveX control RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing out integration of the RDP ActiveX control in my application and have the following questions:

1) Is there a way for me to specify a password to be used for single sign-on in the remote desktop?  The ActiveX control allows me to set the "password" property without throwing an exception but it doesn't seem to go through.

2) Calling rdpClientSettings.setRdpProperty("require pre-authentication", false); throws a "Invalid procedure call or argument" exception, even though it is documented as a Boolean.  Was this property name changed?

3) Retrieving the "connection type" property of a newly-created ActiveX control gives me 7, but the documentation only talks about possible values of 0-6.  What does a value of 7 do?

For all of these issues, I referred to the SetRdpProperty docs page but wasn't able to find answers.

• Edited by Adam Gross Monday, September 10, 2012 6:32 PM
    Monday, September 10, 2012 1:38 PM

All replies

• It appears that calling setRdpProperty("EncryptedPassword", password) gets somewhere but I can't get it to accept my data.  I tried using DataProtectionProvider.protectAsync to encrypt the data and then base64 encoding it but that still doesn't do anything.
    Monday, September 10, 2012 7:34 PM
  • There is no support to pass a password to RemoteDesktopClient at this point.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:15 PM