Cannot update GCM Notification Services RRS feed

• Question

• I am following the tutorial on this page (Which is outdated and confusing) https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/notification-hubs-android-get-started/ and I am at the point where I am attempting to enter the API key that I set up in GCM.

According to the web page, there should be a configuration, which I cannot find. On the new portal, I am going to:

Notification Services > Google (GCM) > API Key

When I enter the key and click save, the only error I get back is "Error updating the Notification Hub" with no indication of where the failure occurred.

Any suggestions/advice welcomed.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:55 PM

All replies

• Experiencing the same issue
    Friday, February 19, 2016 2:45 PM
  • The error message is not very useful.  We will try to improve the error message.  You can open the browser debugger by hitting F12.  Go to the network tab or Console, and try to repro the issue.  The Network tab will capture the call to the back end with response detail.  You can also send an email to me directly at locphan@microsoft.com with the following information:

Namespace name, notification hub name, and the repro time.

We will be more than happy to investigate further.

Thanks,

Loc

Loc Phan

• Proposed as answer by Mimi Xu Wednesday, February 24, 2016 6:41 PM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 10:57 PM
  • Same error. here is the console error.

MsPortalFx_D866F2F908FB6316C3A0DF8183EBF4C70ED2A50F.js:32 [Microsoft_Azure_NotificationHubs]  3:51:02 PM Microsoft_Azure_NotificationHubs Microsoft_Azure_NotificationHubs: Failed to patch GCM credentials for HubId: /subscriptions/4a86a056-cd20-4a80-a080-a8fc53631bce/resourcegroups/Mobile-Default-Web-EastUS/providers/Microsoft.NotificationHubs/namespaces/Cin7ChatNHName/notificationhubs/Cin7ChatNH. Error:  []

If anyone has managed to fix it. Please let me know

Monday, March 7, 2016 2:56 AM
  • I too was getting this error...thankfully found this StackOverflow answer which fixed it for me.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/27161060

I just went to Overview in API Manager in Google APIs and under Mobile APIs you will find Google Cloud Messaging.

enable Google cloud messaging for android

Sunday, April 10, 2016 1:17 AM
  • Anthony.Coquisoft that doesn't have any connection with Azure Notification Hub? Hub should update automatically. I checked my Google Api Manager, and this thing is enabled for few months, and today it just stopped working for no reason. There is something wrong with Azure.
    Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:13 PM
  • We have other customer reported similar issue. That was due wrong the GCM key. Could you make sure that the GCM key (credentials) uploaded to Notification Hub is a "Server" key not a "Android" key. 

Thanks,
    Sateesh

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:29 PM