one or more subtabs with duplicate id found RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create an adding with three subtabs, but according to my dashboard log file, I am getting this error

[5708] 120619.151237.4684: Dashboard.Forms: Creating TabPage for node cdd5653d-f187-4178-aeb1-4c034525fc5e with display name "My New Addin" for TabControl
    [5708] 120619.151237.5621: Dashboard.Forms: Skipping loading of top-level tab 'My New Addin' as one or more subtabs with duplicate id were found.

I cannon understand what is the problem, as all subtabs have different GUID's as does the Top Level Tab. All GUID's were created by VS Create GUID

As a test I tried only doing it with one subtab, and the error is still produced.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Andreas thanks for your assistance, but after much trial and error I found what the fault was. As I was coding and testing step by step, I had not written code yet establishing column properties in association with my business object. Found in

public static ListColumnCollection<MyBusiness> CreateColumns()

How that error relates to duplicate Id's I do not know. A better error explanation of "no column data defined" or something would have been better.

But thanks, I know your around if I get stuck again

Cheers

Friday, June 22, 2012 12:08 PM

All replies

• So obviously no MVP or Microsoft Employees read this forum. Then what is the point, where do I go for help on this matter?

Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:13 AM
  • If you put your Visual Studio Solution for the AddIn project on your SkyDrive and send me the link to it (http://www.home-server-addins.com/contact) I will have a look at it over the weekend.

Andreas Miceli - Author of the Advanced Admin Console AddIn for Windows Home Server

Friday, June 22, 2012 7:19 AM
  • Hi Andreas thanks for your assistance, but after much trial and error I found what the fault was. As I was coding and testing step by step, I had not written code yet establishing column properties in association with my business object. Found in

public static ListColumnCollection<MyBusiness> CreateColumns()

How that error relates to duplicate Id's I do not know. A better error explanation of "no column data defined" or something would have been better.

But thanks, I know your around if I get stuck again

Cheers

Friday, June 22, 2012 12:08 PM