WDP8 will there be incremental updates or is this it until beta?

Question

• Just asking if MS are planning to issue a later build than was supplied on the original ISO download. I know we've had some driver updates through Windows Update but I was more thinking of the extra things shown on the Build videos and maybe some of the improvements talked about in a recent Start Screen blog.
    Acer W500 tablet & dock, New 'works' Lenovo laptop Too much apple stuff. Remember: A Developer Preview is just that, a preview for developers - not everything will work 'just right' on day 1.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 11:33 AM

Answers

• There has been minor updates to the Windows 8 Developer Preview through Windows Update, but no new features will be added to it. You will have to wait for a future release.

Not all the features are included in the Windows 8 Developer Preview.

From the Building Windows 8 blog:
    NOTE: The preview build does not include every feature shown this morning.  Shown but not in the Developer Preview release include the Windows Store, Windows Live Metro style apps, and some of the user interface features.  The focus of the preview is the API and development tools for building Metro style apps.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/13/welcome-to-windows-8-the-developer-preview.aspx

Monday, October 17, 2011 3:06 PM

All replies

• In this pre-Beta you will get some updates during process but for the next build or next version , you should do similar to pre-Beta by downloading ISO files.

Monday, October 17, 2011 11:57 AM
  • Cool, no worries. I'll stock up on Dual Layer DVD's then :)
    Acer W500 tablet & dock, New 'works' Lenovo laptop Too much apple stuff. Remember: A Developer Preview is just that, a preview for developers - not everything will work 'just right' on day 1.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 12:07 PM
  • There has been minor updates to the Windows 8 Developer Preview through Windows Update, but no new features will be added to it. You will have to wait for a future release.

Not all the features are included in the Windows 8 Developer Preview.

From the Building Windows 8 blog:
    NOTE: The preview build does not include every feature shown this morning.  Shown but not in the Developer Preview release include the Windows Store, Windows Live Metro style apps, and some of the user interface features.  The focus of the preview is the API and development tools for building Metro style apps.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/13/welcome-to-windows-8-the-developer-preview.aspx

Monday, October 17, 2011 3:06 PM
  • @TrekDozer,

Cheers for posting the blog link, I'm sure I'd read it when it first came out but the details within must have been forgotten in the excitement of firing up the preview.  

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:40 AM