MUI apps not launching

Question

• When i click on an app in the new Windows 8 interface, it loads the splash screen of the app but then just shows a deep green screen.. the apps don't launch.. Does anyone else have this issue and have they figured out how to resolve it?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:15 AM

Answers

• 1. apps need a resolution at least 1024x768 to run

2. some apps crash if you're using a "live ID" account". Revert to a local one, or create a new one.

3. Try reseting the machine or reinstalling windows.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:33 AM

All replies

• 1. apps need a resolution at least 1024x768 to run

2. some apps crash if you're using a "live ID" account". Revert to a local one, or create a new one.

3. Try reseting the machine or reinstalling windows.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:33 AM
  • Hi JustinBussel,

I have the same Issue, with any application, also with new Metro application created with Visual Studio.

Dear Sztupy...

1- the problem related to the resolution is deeply explicated on the web, and that problem takes the app NOT to open (nor the splash screen).

2- the account type has nothing in common with the problem, because ALL applications has the same problem!

3- Reinstalling or resetting is the UNIVERSAL solution, like change the pc, or change job!

I noticed also that building a new app with Wisual Studio throws me an Error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))

I think it is related to our problem. I'm going to study that error.

Tank you millenovanta.

Sunday, November 6, 2011 1:36 PM