Sony HDR Camcorder 720V is not working in Windows Developer Preview

Question

• I have a Camcorder and HDR 720V by Sony, I loaded its Software only find to it to be Broken after install.

My question is this, why could you have retained the codecs that windows 7 had?

I really need the full functions of AVCHD to determine rather or not it is the operating system for me.

but your removal of all the AVCHD codecs has left me wondering.

Are we getting something wrapped up in a "Pretty Wrapper" in hopes that we will fall for "Eye Candy"?

Or will we be able to run AVCHD and other formats?

I realize that there has been a great deal of security changes. 

I will not accept a product that doesn't allow us artists to create and developed media of all types be it the apps or video and audio. this goes beyond

I am well aware that windows had a hidden DVD creator.

I have come to learn that has been removed along with the MPEG-2 Codec.

Could we have the link that engages the AVCHD codecs. May we please have these features back. thank you.

Original Title: Windows Developer Preview (Windows 8) issues

Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• wait for the Beta and Windws 8 compatible drivers/software from Sony
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Saturday, January 14, 2012 10:01 PM
  • I installed a kb from some where that enabled the AVCHD by accident

• Edited by ASUSTUV4x Sunday, January 15, 2012 12:45 AM
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:47 PM
  • For all compatibility issues , if Windows ask to send report please do so.

Try run drivers and software that has compatibility problem in compatibility mode and troubleshoot their compatibility issues:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/troubleshoot-compatibility-issues-in-windows-8-developer-preview.aspx

Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:49 AM
  • I have a Camcorder and HDR 720V by Sony, I loaded its Software only find to it to be Broken after install.

Try installing the Software in Compatibility Mode as suggested by Cyber Defend Team above.

Irfan
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:44 PM
  • I did all that Windows is actually missing the MPEG-2 codecs and has the picture and no sound like it was back with 7 when it was in beta mode...

How ever I get video and no audio.  Also came to learned hat Microsoft removed DVD Maker as well..

and when I mean by broken is that the software loads but it can not and will not playback the AVCHD videos, because There are no Codecs in windows for which the software can draw up on as a source as a result, I get the Broken video...In Essence, all PMB is is a graphical interface with out codecs. In other words.. the software it self does not contain codecs. and trust me I am really Irked about this and I plan to give Sony a piece of my mind. Hmm I'll create a an avi and link it .if were allowed to do so.

Windows Vista:

Working, I can view and trans-code videos as well as create a DVD

Windows 7:                                                

Working, I can view and trans-code videos as well as create a DVD

My camera is totally useless with Windows 8. I can not even View MPEG In NoN HD Format natively.

Now this is a real bummer. This is over kill on the limited features.

Its really sad, that Vista, will do more then this beta does.

• Edited by ASUSTUV4x Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:24 PM UPDATE:
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:00 PM
  • Hello ASUSTUV4x,

You can try and install additional codec to see if that will help to get your camera functional.

Since the Windows Developer was intended for developers to develop and try out Metro applications not all functionality was included in the release. It was not intended to release any production system and is only for testing purposes.

Hope this helps.
    Marilyn
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:10 PM
  • @Marilyn-Support Engineer

I tied that, the disk fro the manufature is broken as well.

It seems that the heart of this issue is the total anialation of the codecs.

And I fear downloading codecs from other sites.

is ther a site that is MS certafied?

I also noticed that all MPG-2 codecs have been removed as well.

I might have to wait for the RC client to come out and give it a good run through.

so far one free prgram will encode things in to WMV 1080i/p but , ever here of the term slower then molasses in January lol?

I hope MS doesn'tplan on ceasing AVCHD support in Windows 8. And I hope that we can gt an improved version of a video editor .

I liked the one in vista.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:30 PM