Bing Maps veapicore.js Syntax Error RRS feed

• Question

• I try to use Bing Maps (latest stable release v1.0 for windows store apps) but I get the following strange error:

Exception was thrown at line 1, column 3756 in ms-appx://myapppackagename/Bing.Maps.JavaScript//js/veapicore.js
    0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: SyntaxError

The error in veapicore.js is in the following statement: r=a(i.querySelectorAll(t))
    the value of t in the debugger is: "~.InfoboxExtension"

Looks like the ~ character causes the error (if it is removed the function works ok).

My scenario is:

On itemDetail.js page definition, on ready I do the call: Microsoft.Maps.loadModule('Microsoft.Maps.Map', { callback: initMap })

initMap function sets the mapOption credentials, center and zoom level and after

map = new Microsoft.Maps.Map(document.getElementById("mapdiv"), mapOptions);

is called.

What's strange is that on Beta edition of the Maps SDK it was working!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:46 PM

Answers

• This is handled exception, so you should not see nay issue while running the app in release mode.

in debug mode, by any chance Do you have 'Thrown' check box checked in Debug > Exceptions > Javascript Runtime Exception? You can un-check it & choose default option as 'user-handled' to get rid of this error.

MSFT
    Hemant Goyal

Friday, November 2, 2012 12:18 AM