none
Publish error on project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am currently having a publish error message when publishing plans to project server 2007. error code 27000 with the following xml message in the queue logs.

The plan saves sucessfully but fails at 3% when publishing. This is the case for any plans since this morning.

Any ideas or assistance would be much appreciated.

Naweed

Error summary/areas:

ProjectPublishFailure
    Queue
    GeneralQueueJobFailed
    Error details:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <errinfo>
      <general>
        <class name="">
          <error id="23000" name="ProjectPublishFailure" uid="6b2f48b4-b3c8-42fd-9a56-3aef28f3aea1" projectuid="06d89833-2eca-4c2a-b89b-9fba1a4c0d78" messagetype="Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.QueueMsg.ProjectPrePublishEventMessage" messageID="7" stage="" blocking="DontBlock" />
        </class>
        <class name="Queue">
          <error id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed" uid="bfc958f6-4cfc-4d57-b8a6-353393652b22" JobUID="6b948e56-1155-422a-b135-361cfec0d8be" ComputerName="PS2007SRSIDC" GroupType="ProjectPublish" MessageType="ProjectPrePublishEventMessage" MessageId="7" Stage="" />
        </class>
      </general>
    </errinfo>

Monday, June 13, 2011 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

The issue is now fixed. We did a server reboot and evrything started working back as expected.

Thanks for the assistance.

Naweed

• Marked as answer by Naweed Jaulim Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:01 PM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Naweed,

If you create a new Project, save and publish, do you get the same error? Can you check the SharePoint ULS logs for errors at the time of publish? (Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Web Server Extensions/14/Logs)

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Monday, June 13, 2011 3:56 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. It is the same when creating a new plan, again this saves fine but come up with same error.

I have done some further digging in the SharePoint logs but could not find anything useful except the line below.(I have modified the sensitive data).

Also there was a general sql login fail error for the Publish DB for the project server service account but with relation to a different pwa. I share this with some other project  teams.

Not sure how this is related though.

PWA:https://mypwasite/PWA, SSP:SSPTeam1, User:Domain\naweed, PSI:   [QUEUE] System.ApplicationException: This operation returned because the timeout period expired. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800705B4)     at System.Threading.ReaderWriterLock.AcquireReaderLockInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)     at System.Threading.ReaderWriterLock.AcquireReaderLock(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Events.ServerEventManager.AcquireReaderLockOnServerEventManager()     at

Monday, June 13, 2011 4:17 PM
  • Hi Naweed,

Do you have free space in the Published database? Also does the PWA site load ok?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Monday, June 13, 2011 4:23 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Yes the site loads up fine and no performance issues.

I am thinking that it might have something to do with the CUs on the client MSP and the server(not having same versions). I will have to look into this but since evrything was working fine last week, I doubt it that the problem might be related to this.

I have also set Publish to No to try fixing any corruption but with no luck.

Thanks

Naweed

Monday, June 13, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Hi Naweed,

Can you restart both the Microsoft Project Server Queue Service and Microsoft Project Server Event Service then retest?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Monday, June 13, 2011 7:47 PM
  • Hi Paul,

The issue is now fixed. We did a server reboot and evrything started working back as expected.

Thanks for the assistance.

Naweed

• Marked as answer by Naweed Jaulim Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:01 PM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:01 PM