Add a job or order planner in Access RRS feed

• Question

• In our company we issue an "order form" for any job that we accept. We must plan the orders by date and machines that do the job. I want to make a report to be able to plan and schedule the jobs based on priority and day. We need to know our jobs for every day and based on machinery in our factory. I must do this schedule in outlook or I can do this in Access?

Regards,

Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:42 PM

Answers

• There are 2 different ideas in play:

* scheduling is definitely something a database is ideal for; it is up to you to determine a priority value method and assign to each job relative to a day; you can build queries that will result in the ordering of the jobs.

* display: the human calendar as we all know it is not something inherently embedded in the Access database product.  So you would have normal report layouts displaying your jobs, not a calendar style display.  For me that is fine; one can have jobs grouped by day and just a regular top to bottom list is suitable in most cases.  If one insists on a calendar style display - there are add-ons one could purchase that have pre made calendar designs or one could attempt to do some sort of linking to Outlook perhaps. 

Friday, October 23, 2015 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi kvaziri,

>> I want to make a report to be able to plan and schedule the jobs based on priority and day.

In my option, you could create macro to achieve your requirement which operates the Access database, and then for schedule requirement, you could use Task Scheduler.

For more information about using Task Scheduler, you could refer the link below:
    # ACC2000: How to Start Access by Using the Windows NT Schedule Service
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/230575

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 23, 2015 5:48 AM
  • Dear Edward,

I want something like a calendar in Access that "Job orders" sorted based on date on it. We want to know our orders for a specific day and can prioritize them and move them to another date. I don't want a task scheduler that auto run Access.

Regards,

Regards,

Friday, October 23, 2015 9:54 AM
  • There are 2 different ideas in play:

* scheduling is definitely something a database is ideal for; it is up to you to determine a priority value method and assign to each job relative to a day; you can build queries that will result in the ordering of the jobs.

* display: the human calendar as we all know it is not something inherently embedded in the Access database product.  So you would have normal report layouts displaying your jobs, not a calendar style display.  For me that is fine; one can have jobs grouped by day and just a regular top to bottom list is suitable in most cases.  If one insists on a calendar style display - there are add-ons one could purchase that have pre made calendar designs or one could attempt to do some sort of linking to Outlook perhaps. 

Friday, October 23, 2015 12:59 PM