VS2012 debugger display hexdecimal values RRS feed

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi krishnanellutla

As I mentioned above, to disable Hexadecimal Display, just right-click your Watch Window and uncheck Hexadecimal Display option. For your situation, I'm not sure the root of this problem, you could consider submitting this issue to Microsoft Connect site (https://connect.microsoft.com/  ), Microsoft engineers will give positive response and evaluate them seriously, appreciate your support and understanding,

Best regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:36 PM

All replies

• User71929859 posted

Hexadecimal option was not not checked.

Can you try by restarting your machine?

Monday, August 26, 2013 8:52 AM
  • User-1864568853 posted

yeah did that, No luck yet.

Monday, August 26, 2013 9:46 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi krishnanellutla

To disable Hexadecimal Display, right-click your Watch Window and uncheck Hexadecimal Display option,

• Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project
    • Consider Restarting Visual Studio - If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio,

hope it helps,

Regards

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:54 AM
  • User-1864568853 posted

Well, 

that didnt solved my problem. I have created a clean project with the existing items. Then it was running as usally, but again after frequent debugging it appeared again just like a plague

Very frustating, dont know what to do?

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:24 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi krishnanellutla

I have created a clean project with the existing items. Then it was running as usally, but again after frequent debugging it appeared again

It seems that this is your VS debugger problem,  you could repair your Visual Studio 2012 first, 

To repair Visual Studio

1.In Control Panel, on the Programs and Features page, choose the product edition that you want to repair, and then choose Uninstall/Change.

2.In the Setup wizard, choose Repair, choose Next, and then follow the remaining instructions.

If it still has same issue, please don’t hesitate to let me know,

Regards

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:40 PM
  • User-1864568853 posted

Angie,

Thank you for your follow up, I appreciate that. I did reparing studio, also uninstalled and re-installed visual studio 2012. This plague is not really going away.

Strange part is, when I debug web project on my localhost IIS7 the i am seeing object names in hexadeciaml format and if i select to Visual development server then i can able to see object information. Why it is happening so?

Very frustating while debugging not sure how to resolve this, do you have any other alternative way?

Friday, August 30, 2013 12:17 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi krishnanellutla

As I mentioned above, to disable Hexadecimal Display, just right-click your Watch Window and uncheck Hexadecimal Display option. For your situation, I'm not sure the root of this problem, you could consider submitting this issue to Microsoft Connect site (https://connect.microsoft.com/  ), Microsoft engineers will give positive response and evaluate them seriously, appreciate your support and understanding,

Best regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:36 PM
  • User-1864568853 posted

Angie,

Thank you for your tips, as said I did all possible steps that I found over blogs/forums/articles. But this keeps hitting me back with this issue. I will try to post this query on microsoft connect site.

Hope some one will shed some light on this.

Thank once again.

Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:21 PM
  • User-971346008 posted

Thank you Angie.. your answer was very helpful for me..

To disable Hexadecimal Display, right-click your Watch Window and uncheck Hexadecimal Display option,

• Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project
    • Consider Restarting Visual Studio - If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio,

Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:49 AM