Upgrade to 2010 corrupts DataSources list RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded a solution from VS 2008 to 2010 SP 1. It includes a project that contains the data access layer and a dataset.  After upgrade when I go into a form and access the "Data Sources" list, all the individual tables in the dataset show the wrong field names. When I expand Table B it shows the field names for Table A. Tables C,D, etc. all show the field names for table A. I have rebuilt the projects, removed and re-added the Data Source from the list with no success.

I created a new simple solution in VS 2010 and added the DataAccess project and one form. It still shows the wrong fields. I did this in VS 2008 and it works fine.

Lastly, I removed the DataAccess project entirely from the simple 2010 Solution. That left me with one project with 1 form. I changed the reference to the 2008 DataAccess.dll (compiled file) and it still showed the wrong field names.  In 2008 the DataAccess.dll shows the correct fields.

Also, in 2010 if I add a new table to the DataSet Designer I get errors trying to access the table at runtime. The error is System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'NewTableName'. Existing tables in the datast do not show the error.

No errors were reporte on upgrade to 2010. And since I still get the error when setting the reference to the 2008 version .DLL (without any conversion), it is not a corrupted file or failed conversion.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a reported bug?

• Moved by Barry Wang Monday, May 7, 2012 7:33 AM ADO.NET DataSet related (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Friday, May 4, 2012 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi DonM,

When you add a new Dataset, please follow the wizard and add some Tables in your new project, right click the Dataset interface to preview the data.

Another way is trying to use other Vs 2010 to trouble shooting the question.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Allen_MSDN Wednesday, June 6, 2012 4:16 AM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:04 AM
  • Normally it is imply selecting the XSD from your Solution Explorer, then right click on it, do the method Configure and let it go.

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi DonM,

When you add a new Dataset, please follow the wizard and add some Tables in your new project, right click the Dataset interface to preview the data.

Another way is trying to use other Vs 2010 to trouble shooting the question.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:04 AM
  • Normally it is imply selecting the XSD from your Solution Explorer, then right click on it, do the method Configure and let it go.

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:42 AM