Input language automatically changes RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

I am facing a strange problem in a chinese Handset. In chinese handset (smartphone), when usre types any character, it shows it chinese alphabet and English alphabet to enter in text field.

In our application, it shows the same behaviour till u give focus to any combobox. if user navigate to any combobox then user doesnt get the options of chinese and english both, he has then only option of english.

For this problem, I make a POC where I took two Forms. On one form I put Textbox and on second a textbox and a combobox. But here also I face the same problem. It means there is no problem in my application code.

I have tried this in Native application but there it works fine. There is a option of changing input language in Native applications which pop up by click in Function key and space key simultaneously.

I am struck in between my development because I cant enter Chinese characters in my application.

Please suggest some to resolve this strange problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitesh

Nitesh
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hello

Did you tried setting local of Combo box using "CB_SETLOCALE". I didnt tried it but it might help.

Thanks
    WinCE CODER (If you think my solution help you in some sense do mark my Reply as Answer)
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:33 PM
  • Hi Nitesh,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:06 AM