none
The 'Microsoft.Ace.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine RRS feed

• Question

• hi ..

i am using windows 7 .. and visual C# 2008 express edition .. and office 2007 .. and 64 bit ..

when i try to debug the program .. this message displayed : " The 'Microsoft.Ace.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine " ..

int the program .. platform is " Any CPU " .. and the start of con. String is :

Provider=Microsoft.Ace.OLEDB.12.0

one month ago .. i made the same program on windows 8 .. and the program worked properly on my computer .. but it didn't work on my friend computer .. when they start it ,, this message displayed :

" unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt continue.  If you click quit, the application will close immediately.
    the microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine"

can you help me to make the program works on my computer an friend's computer  ??

Saturday, March 30, 2013 2:45 PM

Answers

• You can get the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable (second link) and install it on your friends PC.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:48 AM