When opening CMake Project my visual studio 2019 freeze RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I installed the C++ CMake and linux tools on visual 2019, and restarted the OS as prompted.

The menu open now has the option to open a cmakelist

I opened a project CMakeList.txt (see github.com/FreeOpcUa/freeopcua)

And while the solution file list has been loaded without issue, the interface never becomes interactive again.

I also see notification at the bottom right of the screen 'Visual Studio is busy' this has been running for 10mn. I already tried to restart Visual studio.

any idea of what i should do?

PS, i wanted to upload images, but this is blocked because my account is not verified yet, and i did not receive an email to verify it.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Adrien C,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I cannot reproduce your issue in my side, I download this sample project, build it is fine.

Please follow the methods in below:

• delete .vs that VS2017 from solution folder that creates in the local code repository
    • clear temp files C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp

Also, you can refer to the similar thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18360453/why-does-it-take-sooo-long-to-load-my-solution-in-visual-studio.

Please feel free to let me know if it unblocks you.

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:15 AM