none
default workbook template book.xltm in office 2010/2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

In my office 2010 environment I had all my code libraries and the code to add my company tab to the excel ribbon (called in Workbook_Open) in a file called Mappe.xltm (german) in my xlstart folder.  All worked ok.

Now we migrate to office 2016 and on my testcomputer (has only office 2016 installed) my mappe.xltm (still in xlstart) seems not to be loaded. If I hit alt+f11 no code libraries available and therefor no company tab added to ribbon... ?

What do I miss out here ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

TIA acki4711

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 11:18 AM

Answers

• Hi acki4711,

Try to check on which path Xlstart folder is located.

Also check is there any other location on which XLstart folder is located?

It is possible that You are using different OS on other machine, So the folder located at different location. like below.

In Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, the XLStart folder usually resides in:

C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart

In Windows XP, it is usually located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<User name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart

If you find anything like this then try to copy your file to another folder and check whether it solves your issue or not.

Also check that there is no any other file is there in XLStart folder.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by acki4711 Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:57 PM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi acki4711,

Try to check on which path Xlstart folder is located.

Also check is there any other location on which XLstart folder is located?

It is possible that You are using different OS on other machine, So the folder located at different location. like below.

In Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, the XLStart folder usually resides in:

C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart

In Windows XP, it is usually located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<User name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart

If you find anything like this then try to copy your file to another folder and check whether it solves your issue or not.

Also check that there is no any other file is there in XLStart folder.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by acki4711 Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:57 PM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:06 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply.

You were right, the files got put by installation package into a wrong directory.

Moving the file into correct folder solved the problem.

Thx, acki4711

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:57 PM