Can i connect with "Microsoft Achievements" to my metro apps ?

Answers

• You would need to post to the forums there.  This is true with any technology.  When you have a question about how to program using a certain API you need to find out how you would do that in any platform.  Programming in Javascript/HTML is largely the same regardless if you are running in a Metro style app or browser.  If you can get them to answer how to access their API in javascript you will have your answer.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:32 PM

All replies

• You will need to ask and see if XBox Live exposes this functionality, then use that knowledge to embed this in a Metro style app.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:45 AM
  • Can you give me the link where i can find that information ?
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:59 AM
  • Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:06 PM
  • lol, sadly nope. None of the links are related or mentions integration of Windows Live achievement with Metro apps. It only mentions xbox or windows phone. i tried google search "windows achievement integration with metro apps windows 8", no result.
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:16 PM
  • You can try the forums from here:

http://create.msdn.com/en-US/

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:20 PM
  • hmm.... it says develop for xbox and windows phone. I'm developing for metro apps, not xbox games or windows phone. I assume there is no classes that i can use on the Windows or WinJS to have my app integrate with Windows achievements ?
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:26 PM
  • You would need to post to the forums there.  This is true with any technology.  When you have a question about how to program using a certain API you need to find out how you would do that in any platform.  Programming in Javascript/HTML is largely the same regardless if you are running in a Metro style app or browser.  If you can get them to answer how to access their API in javascript you will have your answer.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:32 PM
  • ah ok then, thanks. I know that, i just thought there is already a class that wraps the API call that i can use in the Metro classes, since it's also a Microsoft products. But i haven't found it, and i don't think it exist. I appreciate the info. I'll ask there.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:36 PM
  • Had to register again, but Holy Bookmark, love the avatar choices there.
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:52 PM