COM Interop and Regasm RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VB.NET program setup for COM Interop that works on my PC. When I install it on another PC using regasm with the /codebase option it works on some PCs and not others. I could not determine why it was not working on certain PCs, so I installed it using the gacutil. Now it works on all PCs.

Anyone know why regasm does not seem to work on all PCs? (Note all PCs tested are using XP Pro)

Thank you
    Monday, July 25, 2005 5:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Vikram,

Yes I did run it as a user who has regitry access.

I think I have resolved the issue by using the VS Deployment project to create an installer rather than using the Inno Setup installer.  The VS installer does something to make it work properly. Not sure what.

Thanks
    Mister T
    Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

RegAsm makes the registry entries which requires registry access privileges. Did you run Regasm as a user who has registry access privileges on all machines? This could be the issue.

Regards,
    Vikram
    Tuesday, July 26, 2005 12:47 AM
  • Hi Vikram,

Yes I did run it as a user who has regitry access.

I think I have resolved the issue by using the VS Deployment project to create an installer rather than using the Inno Setup installer.  The VS installer does something to make it work properly. Not sure what.

Thanks
    Mister T
    Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:03 PM