Insert (add) RichImageField to RichHtmlField in a Page Layout RRS feed

• Question

• I have created my own RichImageFields and RichHtmlField and a Page Layout using Visual Stuido 2102. Is it possible to insert or add RichImageFields in a RichHtmlField. My client wants to do this because it will be easier to add caption to the images (using PublishingImageCaption) inside the body of the page. 

Thanks and appreciate all kind of advice.

• Edited by Medes71 Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:10 AM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This is the test result in my environment.

The RichImageField and RichHtmlField are two different WebControls, so we can not add the RichImageField control into the RichHtmlField control.

Best Regards

Dennis Guo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Patrick_Liang Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:46 AM
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you want to add caption to the images inside the body of the page.

The following code for your reference:

<asp:Content ContentPlaceholderID="PlaceHolderMain" runat="server">
    	<div class="article article-left">
    		<PublishingWebControls:EditModePanel runat="server" CssClass="edit-mode-panel title-edit">
    			<SharePointWebControls:TextField runat="server" FieldName="Title"/>
    		</PublishingWebControls:EditModePanel>
    		<div class="captioned-image">
    			<div class="image">
    				<PublishingWebControls:RichImageField FieldName="PublishingPageImage" runat="server"/>
    			</div>
    			<div class="caption">
    				<PublishingWebControls:RichHtmlField FieldName="PublishingImageCaption"  AllowTextMarkup="false" AllowTables="false" AllowLists="false" AllowHeadings="false" AllowStyles="false" AllowFontColorsMenu="false" AllowParagraphFormatting="false" AllowFonts="false" PreviewValueSize="Small" AllowInsert="false" AllowEmbedding="false" AllowDragDrop="false" runat="server"/>
    			</div>
    		</div>
    		<div class="article-header">
    			<div class="date-line">
    				<SharePointWebControls:DateTimeField FieldName="ArticleStartDate" runat="server"/>
    			</div>
    			<div class="by-line">
    				<SharePointWebControls:TextField FieldName="ArticleByLine" runat="server"/>
    			</div>
    		</div>
    		<div class="article-content">
    			<PublishingWebControls:RichHtmlField FieldName="PublishingPageContent" HasInitialFocus="True" MinimumEditHeight="400px" runat="server"/>
    		</div>
    		<PublishingWebControls:EditModePanel runat="server" CssClass="edit-mode-panel roll-up">
    			<PublishingWebControls:RichImageField FieldName="PublishingRollupImage" AllowHyperLinks="false" runat="server" />
    			<asp:Label text="<%$Resources:cms,Article_rollup_image_text15%>" CssClass="ms-textSmall" runat="server" />
    		</PublishingWebControls:EditModePanel>
    	</div>
    </asp:Content>

More information is here:
    http://frederik.se/how-to-sharepoint-online-branding-news-center-using-visual-studo-part-2-of-4/

Best Regards

Dennis Guo

Friday, December 20, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Thanks,
    No it wasn't what I want.

I wanted to add following part of your code inside the PublishingPageContent field

<div class="captioned-image"> <div class="image"> <PublishingWebControls:RichImageField FieldName="PublishingPageImage" runat="server"/> </div> <div class="caption"> <PublishingWebControls:RichHtmlField FieldName="PublishingImageCaption" AllowTextMarkup="false" AllowTables="false" AllowLists="false" AllowHeadings="false" AllowStyles="false" AllowFontColorsMenu="false" AllowParagraphFormatting="false" AllowFonts="false" PreviewValueSize="Small" AllowInsert="false" AllowEmbedding="false" AllowDragDrop="false" runat="server"/> </div> </div>

Friday, December 20, 2013 9:45 AM
  • Hi,

This is the test result in my environment.

The RichImageField and RichHtmlField are two different WebControls, so we can not add the RichImageField control into the RichHtmlField control.

Best Regards

Dennis Guo

• Marked as answer by Patrick_Liang Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:46 AM
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:42 AM