Where do I get SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) so tht I can generate a Script of my SQL Azure Database? RRS feed

• Question

• When I download SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe it wants to install SQL Server 2012. I do no want to install SQL Server 2012. I want to install SQL Server Management Studio  for SQL Server 2012.

Where do I get the tools that will allow me to export my SQL Azure Database as a script?

• Moved by Janet Yeilding Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:42 AM
    • Moved by Gert Drapers Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:43 AM SSMS questions are sourced from SQL Server Tools
    Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:06 PM

Answers

• you can install SSMS only from the provided link.

in the first step SQL Server Support files are install and in the next step you can select which features you want to install.

if you unselected all features except "Management Tools - Basic" and "Management Tools - Complete" you get SSMS installed as you want.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Proposed as answer by Maggie Luo Friday, March 1, 2013 5:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Maggie Luo Monday, March 4, 2013 8:38 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 11:01 AM

All replies

• you can download SSMS from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35579

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:29 PM
  • I already downloaded SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe.
    It wants to install SQL Server 2012.
    I do no want to install SQL Server 2012.
    I want to install SQL Server Management Studio  for SQL Server 2012.

How do I get the tools that will allow me to export my SQL Azure Database as a script?

Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:44 PM
  • you can install SSMS only from the provided link.

in the first step SQL Server Support files are install and in the next step you can select which features you want to install.

if you unselected all features except "Management Tools - Basic" and "Management Tools - Complete" you get SSMS installed as you want.

• Proposed as answer by Maggie Luo Friday, March 1, 2013 5:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Maggie Luo Monday, March 4, 2013 8:38 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 11:01 AM