none
Need Assistance for selecting a touch screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to purchase a touch screen for my ebox 3300 running on windows embedded compact 7, but am a bit confused over whether it will have proper driver and compatibility with this.

Is there any one who can suggest a touch screen which can be used for this ebox running on wince7.

Regards

Friday, July 29, 2011 5:35 AM

All replies

• Are you asking for Touch controller or Touch Screen ?

Driver compatibility will come only if you are talking about touch controller.  Various Touch controllers provided by TI comes with WInCE driver like TSC 2004 etc. You need to port this.

If you are talking about touch screen, you need to tell if you need capacitive touch/Resistive   touch, The dimension of the screen etc and electrical requirements.

Regards,

Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electronic Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tesbv.com email-misbah.khan@tesbv.com
    Monday, August 1, 2011 10:24 AM
  • Hi Anubhav,

You can either use capacitive or resistive touch screen, there should not be any issue for device driver to operate.

Electrical parameter is what you need to check before buying resistive/capacitive touch screen. It is up to you to select, there is no limitation to this.

If your concern is only related to touch screen, then I would recommend to use Resistive one as it is cost effective and does not get damaged easily.

Check the LCD which you are using. As per the LCD manufacturer, they also recommend touch screens.

What is the Touch controller that you are using ?

Do you have the driver integrated to it and working ?

Regards,

Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electronic Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tesbv.com email-misbah.khan@tesbv.com
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 10:23 AM