none
Moving from CurrentAppSimulation to CurrentApp causes crash RRS feed

Answers

• Mine is still crashing but I have been thinking about making a free version and a paid version which might be a better way to go :)
    • Marked as answer by GettingHelp Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:24 AM
    Sunday, September 16, 2012 11:48 AM

All replies

• I think so, documentation suggests only to use CurrentApp when you are submitting to market place and that CurrentApp would not work until it is downloaded from market place.

Can Bilgin
    Blog CompuSight

Friday, August 24, 2012 12:23 PM
  • I think so, documentation suggests only to use CurrentApp when you are submitting to market place and that CurrentApp would not work until it is downloaded from market place.

Can Bilgin
    Blog CompuSight

Hi Can...I put a sample application up to see if the trial part of the application will pass certification and I got an error message

Your app doesn't meet requirement 3.2.                                           

3.2 - This app crashes when launching it.

This is what happens when I change CurrentAppSimulation with CurrentApp.  It crashes when testing locally which is understandable but that is what happens when you submit to the store as well.  Any ideas?  Now if I put the CurrentAppSimulation back, the application works fine!  What am I missing?

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:02 AM
  • that's quite a mystery... But I would also go through what else the application is doing while launching... maybe there is something else causing the crash...

do you have some code snippet that you can share...

Can Bilgin
    Blog CompuSight

• Edited by Can Bilgin Monday, August 27, 2012 10:10 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 10:10 PM
  • Hello Aaron,

We have a number of reports of this issue. We are currently investigating. If you don't hear from me early next week please bump this thread and I will make sure to give you an update.

Thanks,

James

Windows Media SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Monday, August 27, 2012 11:31 PM
  • Hi

I found a suggestion from Alex Golesh for licensing and in-app purchases. The example is written for the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, but I think it's a good approach. I added the license request in a try-catch statement and show a message in case of failure. But the certification failed with error 1.2 anyway. I think there is still a general issue with in app purchases. See this thread.

In Win 8 RTM I have to change following line from Alex's suggestion

StorageFile targetFile = await proxyFolder.CreateFileAsync("WindowsStoreProxy.xml", CreationCollisionOption.ReplaceExisting);

to

StorageFile targetFile = await proxyFolder.CreateFileAsync("WindowsStoreProxy.xml", CreationCollisionOption.OpenIfExists);

because I get an access denied exception!

Michael

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:25 AM
  • @James - is this still an issue.  App works fine with CurrentAppSimulation but failes on certification with CurrentApp!
    Monday, September 10, 2012 10:55 PM
  • Are you handling exceptions raised from the CurrentApp class? Several methods on that class need to be able to contact the store server and will raise exceptions if they can't do so (e.g, if the app isn't in the store or if there isn't a network connection to the store).

You app should handle these exceptions from CurrentApp and test that your app doesn't crash when doing so.

--Rob

Monday, September 10, 2012 11:45 PM
  • Hi @Rob: My App (Mental Calculation) has implemented 2 in app purchases (statistical analysis and adding a new user). I use a try-catch statement for license request and show a messagebox when an exception occurs.

I have also added following informations for the tester to inform him why the messagebox appears: "As long as the app is not published in the store, you will see following message "License status - The license information could not be querying." when you start the app. Mental Calculation works also fine without Internet connection and without in app purchases. The only differnce is, that you can not add a new user and you can not show the statistics page."

The certification failed with error: "Your app doesn't meet requirement 1.2."!

Tester comment: "This App appears incomplete during review. For example, the statistical analysis listed in App description is not functional in the App, or adding a new user. App also prompts for license required at launch, which it should not if it is using Windows Store licensing system unless the App is not properly implemented."

This Exception occurs, when I use CurrentApp instead CurrentAppSimulator. System.Exception was caught HResult=-2145845044 Message=Exception from HRESULT: 0x801900CC Source=mscorlib You can easily reproduce this if you download the SDK Sample (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Licensing-API-Sample-19712f1a) and replace CurrentAppSimulator with CurrentApp.

What can I do? Thanks for help!!!

Michael

• Edited by MichaelGiger Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:45 AM Format
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:44 AM
  • Mine is still crashing but I have been thinking about making a free version and a paid version which might be a better way to go :)
    • Marked as answer by GettingHelp Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:24 AM
    Sunday, September 16, 2012 11:48 AM