How we remove or change the task pane caption (title) in Excel workbook. RRS feed

• Question

• We are using VSTO to develop a document-level Excel customization. we are using task panes extensively but we are not able to change the task pane title from "Document Actions" to something more meaningful to our application. 

Can you please let me know if the title on the task pane through code or configuration. 

thanks,

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 4:14 PM

Answers

• Hi emad,

Sorry for misunderstanding. As far as I know, it is impossible to change the action pane title. The action pane is based on a built-in task pane: Document Actions. I have checked the “this.ActionsPane.Controls.Add” code, and it did not support to set the title. Then I checked the properties of “Application.CommandBars["Task Pane"]”, it still did not support any way to change the title. Since this, I assume that it is impossible to change the title of action pane with vsto side.

If this is a feature which you want to include in the feature of Excel, I suggest you submit a feedback as picture below:

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hi emad,

>> Can you please let me know if the title on the task pane through code or configuration.
    Could you share us how you add the task pane? As my experience, when you add a custom task pane to excel document, you will need to define the title of the task pane. A simple code like below:

private MyUserControl myUserControl1;
            private Microsoft.Office.Tools.CustomTaskPane myCustomTaskPane;
            private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
            {
                myUserControl1 = new MyUserControl();
                myCustomTaskPane = this.CustomTaskPanes.Add(myUserControl1, "My Task Pane");
                myCustomTaskPane.Visible = true;
            }

"My Task Pane" is the title of the task pane, you could refer the link below for more information.
    #Custom Task Panes
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa942864.aspx

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:27 AM
  • My customization is document level customization. it is not AddIn. 

I am using the commandbars to access the task pane. 

Application.CommandBars["Task Pane"]

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:06 PM
  • Hi emad,

Sorry for misunderstanding. As far as I know, it is impossible to change the action pane title. The action pane is based on a built-in task pane: Document Actions. I have checked the “this.ActionsPane.Controls.Add” code, and it did not support to set the title. Then I checked the properties of “Application.CommandBars["Task Pane"]”, it still did not support any way to change the title. Since this, I assume that it is impossible to change the title of action pane with vsto side.

If this is a feature which you want to include in the feature of Excel, I suggest you submit a feedback as picture below:

Best Regards,

Edward

Thursday, September 3, 2015 5:28 AM