none
In which package can I find ....DLL ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

using ICE to build an answer file to prepare my target device, I'm looking for the package/functionality to add so that DAVHLPR.DLL will be present. My application needs it and Dependancy Walker cannot find it on the target system once deployed !

More generally, where can I get a matrix of DLL vs Package/Functionality where anybody would be able to search for specific DLLs ?

Thanks by advance.

Emmanuel

• Edited by Emmanuel P-J Monday, April 29, 2013 3:29 PM More generic
    Monday, February 4, 2013 3:28 PM

Answers

• DAVHLPR.DLL is in Packages->Feature Pack->System Services->File System->Remote Client.

To find, click on the Magnifying Glass on the menu bar.  You can search Answer Files, Distribution Share or both.  To find the .dll, be sure that "Search File Names in Packages" is checked.

• Proposed as answer by Kamin of Ressik Monday, February 4, 2013 10:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Emmanuel P-J Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:03 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 10:21 PM

All replies

• DAVHLPR.DLL is in Packages->Feature Pack->System Services->File System->Remote Client.

To find, click on the Magnifying Glass on the menu bar.  You can search Answer Files, Distribution Share or both.  To find the .dll, be sure that "Search File Names in Packages" is checked.

• Proposed as answer by Kamin of Ressik Monday, February 4, 2013 10:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Emmanuel P-J Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:03 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 10:21 PM
  • Thanks a lot !

Your tip was not documented anywhere, now we can see it in the forum !

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:03 AM
  • Thanks a lot !

Your tip was not documented anywhere, now we can see it in the forum !

yeah, search is an function which is not often provides in applications ... ... ... .
    anyway. I never was a fan of helpfiles but in embedded it's your first adress and its worth it.

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany (Preparing a blog about Windows Embedded Standard)

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:52 PM