row level security RRS feed

• Question

• User-158925007 posted

Please HELP

I want to implement row level security in my application. I use VS2010 and DynamicData with EntityModel and forms authentication. (example some users can see and update all data some only from your department) I don't need table permission.

Thanks

Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:41 PM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

H Marko, the only way I can see of doing this is using WCF RIA Services and the Domain Service project with this yu could filter the data. If you want to still see the data but have it read only you will need to customise at least the List page template. Usign OnRowDataBound event of the grid view and dissable the buttons there depending upon the row.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:37 PM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

H Marko, the only way I can see of doing this is using WCF RIA Services and the Domain Service project with this yu could filter the data. If you want to still see the data but have it read only you will need to customise at least the List page template. Usign OnRowDataBound event of the grid view and dissable the buttons there depending upon the row.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:37 PM
  • User-158925007 posted

Thanks for previous answer.

I transfer to RIA and my new question:

Is it possible to not load all data and then to filter them, to do this with stored proc's or table functions and sql users to authenticate (like Microsoft recomend for using database)? Is it any tutorial for this?

Monday, February 14, 2011 5:44 PM