HA/Redundany of VPN tunnel. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Michael,

Very Informative Post. My Question is related to high Availability of site-to-site VPN tunnel ? If
    1- I have two firewalls supported static Routing.
    2- configure 1 site-to-site VPN tunnel. (Local LAN, Virtual Network)
    3- want to configure one more site-to-site tunnel which support HA mode of it..

Any help will be appreciated ?

Monday, July 7, 2014 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you have created a Site-to-Site VPN between your local LAN and the Azure virtual network, right? Which kind of VPN device you have used? Please make sure that the VPN device is not behind NAT or a firewall.

In addition, it seems that Azure Virtual Network does not support high availability protocols such as BGP and NLB for your on-premises VPN gateway. What is the meaning of configuring one more site-to-site tunnel, another VPN gateway for that existing Site-to-Site VPN or anything else? I would appreciate it if you can provide more information.

Maybe a multi-site VPN connection would be helpful to you:

Configure a Multi-Site VPN

Besides, it seems that there are two duplicate threads that created by you, I will merge them together so that you can get better assistance, thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Susie

• Proposed as answer by Susie Long Monday, July 14, 2014 6:13 AM
    • Edited by Susie Long Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Susie Long Friday, July 18, 2014 2:10 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Team,

My Question is related to high Availability of site-to-site VPN tunnel ?
    1- I have two firewalls which supported static Routings only.
    2- Already configured 1 site-to-site VPN tunnel. (Local LAN, Virtual Network)
    3- want to configure one more site-to-site tunnel which provide redundancy to current site-to-site VPN tunnel.

Any help will be appreciated.

Monday, July 7, 2014 7:24 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, it seems the issue is related to Azure VN. I will move this thread to Azure VN Discussions forums to get a better support.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you have created a Site-to-Site VPN between your local LAN and the Azure virtual network, right? Which kind of VPN device you have used? Please make sure that the VPN device is not behind NAT or a firewall.

In addition, it seems that Azure Virtual Network does not support high availability protocols such as BGP and NLB for your on-premises VPN gateway. What is the meaning of configuring one more site-to-site tunnel, another VPN gateway for that existing Site-to-Site VPN or anything else? I would appreciate it if you can provide more information.

Maybe a multi-site VPN connection would be helpful to you:

Configure a Multi-Site VPN

Besides, it seems that there are two duplicate threads that created by you, I will merge them together so that you can get better assistance, thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Susie

• Proposed as answer by Susie Long Monday, July 14, 2014 6:13 AM
    • Edited by Susie Long Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Susie Long Friday, July 18, 2014 2:10 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:45 AM
  • Hi,

Anything updates now?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Susie

Monday, July 14, 2014 6:13 AM