Arabic Text RRS feed

• Question

•  

I tried Microsoft Expression Design before I buy (for Arabic Text Right to Lift) it was working fine but the version I bout 4.027120 does not support Arabic text. Is there any fix?

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 8:33 PM

Answers

• Hello Osamah,

You are correct. The retail version of Expression Design 1 (version 4.0.2712.0) will not display Arabic characters in on the artboard correctly - they are displayed left to right instead of right to left. This is a bug that was unfortunately not fixed in version 2 and has been put on the priority list to fix for version 3. There are no promises that the fix will happen, but there is a good chance that it will. I will go ahead and relay your message to the developers directly.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Expression Support

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hello Osamah,

You are correct. The retail version of Expression Design 1 (version 4.0.2712.0) will not display Arabic characters in on the artboard correctly - they are displayed left to right instead of right to left. This is a bug that was unfortunately not fixed in version 2 and has been put on the priority list to fix for version 3. There are no promises that the fix will happen, but there is a good chance that it will. I will go ahead and relay your message to the developers directly.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Expression Support

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 9:32 PM
  •  Hi Support?
    Is the arabic writing issue is solved, Currently we are using dreamwever, but it has arabic writing issues. Can you please suggest which version of Microsoft Expression best suites for arabic/english writing ?

Regards
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:31 PM
  • I've been using TheUltimateKeyboard utility both for the Adobe suite and (Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Illustrator) as well as in Expression Blend 3
    see http://visualrescue.com/vr/products/VRKeyboards/index.htm

Marie
    Friday, March 12, 2010 2:36 AM
  • Hello

we use Expression Design 4 version 7.0205160 but facing same issue when typing arabic :(

plz we need fix this issue

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:05 PM
  • Please what about Expression Design 4 version 7.0.20516.0

I can't write arabic and letters are separated and not connected as usual in Arabic language. ??

Any fix, workaround ???

I_Love_Visual_Studio
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 8:48 PM
  • Have the same problem in Expression Design 4
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:44 PM
  • I created a small tool that will accept an Arabic word and reshape and display it properly in Expression Design. You can try it out http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsarabic/archive/2011/03/23/reshape-arabic-letters-for-designers.aspx

I hope that helps

Thursday, March 24, 2011 6:06 AM