Tool to get list of methods with its number of parameters RRS feed

• Question

• User-685201278 posted

Hi all,

Is there any tool which generates a report of methods with their number of parameters?

Thanks in advance,
    -Binoj

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:36 AM

All replies

• User347430248 posted

Hi Knibonoj,

You had asked,"Is there any tool which generates a report of methods with their number of parameters?"

For which language and for which type of project you need this report which shows the parameters for all methods was not mentioned by you.

At present, There is no any tools available from Microsoft that can fulfil your requirement.

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft documentation for any specific language and project type. 

Documentation contains all the details regarding methods and parameters. 

All the necessary documentation are publically available on the internet. You can refer one as per your requirement to create report manually by yourself.

Regards

Deepak

Friday, July 13, 2018 1:03 AM
  • User-685201278 posted

Hi Deepak,

I needed the tool for a C# project. While using the code analyzer in visual studio, we are only getting the cyclomatic complexity, maintainability index etc. I wanted to get a list of methods which having a large number of input parameters.

Regards,

Binoj

Friday, July 13, 2018 5:23 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi knbinoj ,As I had already informed you, There is no any tool available from Microsoft. 

I think there is no any tool from any third party which can generate list of methods with its parameters.

As I said, You can try to refer online documentation and manually create a list of desired methods with it's parameters to fulfil your requirements.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

Friday, July 13, 2018 5:28 AM