Step by Step Please RRS feed

• Question

• User812527939 posted

I have been told to create a web app for work which does a few basic things. For this I have gone through a tutorial on ASP.Net 5 and have created a crappy, basic website which does nothing. I have 'published' this website as it says to do in the tutorial and I am trying to get it to run in IIS so that it can be accessed across my development network.

I am getting a fair few errors with this and I believe that it is because I am a rookie with IIS. I have been looking for a step by step guide on how to deploy the MVC site in IIS however there is not a lot out there.

If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Edit: I am attempting to get this working on windows 10 for the moment.

Cheers,

JohZant

Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:39 AM

Answers

• User812527939 posted

Some how got it working. Not sure how. I just readded it as an application, enabled *.dll in the handler mappings, tried to open it up and it worked.

I guess this can be closed now.

Thanks for all your help though guys.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:20 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

You should include some details on the errors you get. Resolving those my sort your issues out quite easily.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:15 AM
  • User812527939 posted

This is true.

The error that I am stuck on at the moment is HTTP Error 500.23 - Error code is 0x80070032.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:44 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

Google the error code. I put "500.23" into Google and the first result is this: http://forums.iis.net/t/1161020.aspx?HTTP+Error+500+23+How+do+i+solve+this+

Thursday, October 8, 2015 4:11 AM
  • User812527939 posted

I did do this and I found the same article. The new Error that comes up is HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden. This is because I don't have a static file and I don't have Directory Browsing enabled.

I was under the impression (and again, I am very new at this) that MVC Applications didn't require the static files.

Also, just to throw another spanner into the works, I have my site working on my local instance of IIS however not on the development server at work. Both devices are running the same IIS. I thought that my problem was that I had *.dll disabled in my handler mappings. When I turned this on, the site started working with Integrated Pipeline and .NET CLR Version 4.0.

I had a look at the development server and saw that the same option was turned off, so I turned it on. Still, I have the same issues.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:15 PM
  • User1869050296 posted

check proxy settings, fire up fiddler to see where the actual error are coming from. It will also be helpful if you add a couple of logging inside the code to see which part breaks.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:48 PM
  • User812527939 posted

My code is pretty basic and works on IIS on one machine.

I think I also need to add that on my local IIS I have my wwwroot folder set up as the website. On the Development server it is set up as an application in IIS.

Hopefully this might give some other insight to why it could be stuffing up.

Cheers,

JohZant

Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:13 PM
  • User812527939 posted

Some how got it working. Not sure how. I just readded it as an application, enabled *.dll in the handler mappings, tried to open it up and it worked.

I guess this can be closed now.

Thanks for all your help though guys.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:20 PM