Wadsworth SQL DB for GoDaddy... RRS feed

• Question

• User1774147102 posted

I'm trying to get Wadsworth's PSK working on godaddy...I've edited all my pages and have everything uploaded...now all I have to do is set up the SQL DB on godaddy...

I found the instructions and everything looks simple enough to do, but I can't find the SQL DB to open and copy the settings out of for the Query Analyser.

I'm not sure what I'm missing...it could just be that I've been staring a computer screen for the last 7+ hours...who knows...If you guys could help me out with this I would be greatly appreciative.  I've also noticed in my searching that I've seen how to upload the PSK to godaddy instructions several times, but I think, not sure on this, but the Wadsworth PSK is different in respect to its use of SQL DBs.

Kai

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 7:02 PM

Answers

• User1774147102 posted

I ended up just redoing the whole DB and website...but it won't load now...o well

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:47 PM

All replies

• User593215468 posted

Well first of all when you download his package there are files with simply the SQL code. These files are the files that you can open up with notepad or whatever you want and copy and paste the code into GoDaddy's query analyzer. Then it all you have to do is link your site over to the database. I went through all this a while back and I haven't much time to work on my site so I'm a little rusty with the process but just let me know what else you need to know.

~Eric

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:44 AM
  • User1774147102 posted

I've changed some things on the page and added some users already so I'm not quite sure what will happen if I upload the SQL script he provides.  I'd really like to know...as part of the learning process anyway...how to get the *.sql file from my things.  I think it's in the App_Data folder, but all I have is the *.mdf file...Is there a conversion process for this?

Also, once I upload the database to GoDaddy, what do I need to change, within the code on the pages to make it work with the new location of the SQL database?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate this.

~Kai

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:49 AM
  • User1774147102 posted

I ended up just redoing the whole DB and website...but it won't load now...o well

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:47 PM