Hub Control Hierarchies RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an object hierarchy which I would like to present using the hub control. My object consists of instance details as well as several lists. What I would like to do is present the instance details, such as Title and Description, on a hero tile and the lists of sub items on a more traditional hub section. Is there an inbuilt way of doing this?

I cant pass in a single class as a CollectionViewSource nor can I set properties of named items in the data template.

Thanks,

Geoff

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Geoff,

Can I understand your question as you try to set properties for a named item in the data template? It is a often asked question and the solution is to find it by the help of VisualTreehelper.

Take a look at this blog article, must help you:  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17502.finding-element-in-itemscontrol-datatemplate-listviewgridviewflipview-window-store-apps.aspx

Besides, there is no in-build API, hub section only contains DataTemplate.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by warntme Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:42 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:10 AM
  • Thanks James,

I was afraid that would be the case. But at least now I have the code sample.

Much appreciated,

Geoff

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:42 AM