none
Move value in xml namespace. RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Timothy

I think that the order in which attributes are listed makes no difference, especially not in relation to a listing of namespaces.

The order of child elements for the presentation element, on the other hand, is declared as a sequence, meaning they need to be in the correct order. See also: http://www.schemacentral.com/sc/ooxml/t-p_CT_Presentation.html

You'll notice that "Content" (the child elements) is a sequence, while there is no particular specification for the order of the Attributes.

Also, looking at this, it would appear that valid values for saveSubsetFonts are "true" and "false", not numerical. You might want to check that "1" you're assigning to it...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP

• Marked as answer by Timothy.1 Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:03 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Timothy

I think that the order in which attributes are listed makes no difference, especially not in relation to a listing of namespaces.

The order of child elements for the presentation element, on the other hand, is declared as a sequence, meaning they need to be in the correct order. See also: http://www.schemacentral.com/sc/ooxml/t-p_CT_Presentation.html

You'll notice that "Content" (the child elements) is a sequence, while there is no particular specification for the order of the Attributes.

Also, looking at this, it would appear that valid values for saveSubsetFonts are "true" and "false", not numerical. You might want to check that "1" you're assigning to it...

• Marked as answer by Timothy.1 Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:03 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:26 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. i was just confused about whether it had to be exactly the same as the document im working off. you see i created a power point document and im using the xml from that to recreate it. so all the xml i use are from the original file. so i see what you saying about the numeric value but that is the value i got from the xml.

Im still learning about xml and oxml. so its all very new for me.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:03 PM
  • <<Im still learning about xml and oxml. so its all very new for me.>>

To me, as well :-) In the meantime, I also located the attribute in the "official" ECMA documentation and there they use a "1" also.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:55 PM
  • Have you seen people creating office documents the way i am?

im asking because i have put every single last line of code in and gone over all the xml again and again but yet when i open the powerpoint document to view, it says "PowerPoint found a problem with content in powerpoint.pptx. PowerPoint can attempt to repair the presentation."

I dont understand what the problem could be.

Friday, July 20, 2012 1:33 PM