none
Problem with user role in Data Lake

Question

• I created a database on Data Lake by using the server explorer on Visual Studio 2015, the database was created successfully but I cannot see any databases under the "Catalog" in data explorer blade on Azure portal and also cannot see it on server explorer.

My user is in "Dx1 ADF Access" group and the role of this group is set to "Owner" as shown below.

Friday, July 22, 2016 5:32 PM

Answers

• You need to grant Read/Write/Execute permissions using the account that created the ADLA service:
    1. Login with that account.
    2. Navigate to ADLA.
    3. Click on your storage account (edevdx1adls)
    4. Click Access
    5. Grant access to your user.

Currently having Owner rights does not implicitly grant you these R/W/E permissions.

Jorg Klein's Microsoft Business Intelligence Blog

Monday, July 25, 2016 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Art, Could you try if you can access "/catalog" directory in the default ADLS account? Accessing ADLA catalog will require access to "/catalog" in ADLS.

And could you also share when is your database created?

Saturday, July 23, 2016 1:44 PM
  • Hi Karl,

I can access "/catalog" in ADLS as shown in the picture below. The role of "Dx1 ADF Access" in ADLS is also set to "Owner". I'm not exactly sure when my database was created but I think it's 6/20/2016 as shown in ADLS catalog folder.

Monday, July 25, 2016 2:59 AM
  • You need to grant Read/Write/Execute permissions using the account that created the ADLA service:
    1. Login with that account.
    2. Navigate to ADLA.
    3. Click on your storage account (edevdx1adls)
    4. Click Access
    5. Grant access to your user.

Currently having Owner rights does not implicitly grant you these R/W/E permissions.

Jorg Klein's Microsoft Business Intelligence Blog

Monday, July 25, 2016 7:24 AM
  • Hi Jorg,

I can access it now. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:52 AM